Sorry for the long delay, I’ve been catching up on some long needed rest. It just seems like things always change with the changing seasons. But anyways onto the tutorial.
Circle Scarf (FYI there will be a seam)
- Fabric (approximately 50″ x 36″)
- Thread to match the fabric
- Sewing Machine
1. Obtain fabric for the circle scarf. Approximate dimensions are 50″ by 36.” It can be longer than 36″ if you want to make the dress variations. Just make sure that it’s about the length from under your arms to the top of your knees.
2. Fold the fabric in half and sew a seam about half an inch from the edge. Make sure the right side faces out. (The side of the fabric that you want on the outside)
3. Then turn the fabric inside out. Cut off the excess fabric from the seam. Then covering the seam with fabric, sew a new seam. This is a French seam. If this is confusing, refer to this video.
That’s all there is to it and you have a lovely circle scarf!